Your diet is the best medicine against stress and illness. The benefits of nutrition are immense. According to Howard B. Schiffer, President of Vitamin Angels, 30,000 children die daily from preventive causes such as malnutrition.
The first dimension in my 12 Wellness Dimension program is self-responsibility and love. This is the foundation of our lives.
My goal is to empower you to have tools for your health nutrition wellness.
Where can you start? There is a lot of information and it can get confusing for most of us.
I believe that the most important information is that which you actually implement.
Do you frequent a health food store? Let me suggest you start there. Make your health food store your natural health resource center.
FindaHealthStore.com focuses on bringing the latest health research studies and has the most accurate databases of health stores in North America.
MyPyramid.gov was established to improve the nutrition and well being of Americans. It is an organization of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. You may want to see where your diet stands.
Let’s get back to implementation. Do you have any bad eating habits? … Raise a hand who doesn’t! Bad eating habits can get in the way of your good health nutrition wellness. Do you see one of yours in the list below?
- Eating too fast
- Fast food eating
- Eating too many different foods at a meal
- Eating late at night and going to sleep soon after
- Unhealthy snacking between meals
- Drinking too much soda or sugary juices.
What first step do you want to take towards your health and wellness? What about giving up, little by little, your worst eating habit?
You may also want to start a healthy good habit. Always consult your doctor or appropriate professional if appropriate.
- Understand and read food labeling: Visit Cfsan.fda.gov. Avoid with a vengeance products with a long list of ingredients.
- Avoid or limit ingredients such as corn syrup, hydrogenated anything, wheat or gluten.
- Limit eating fast food. It may be cheap on the wallet but expensive on the body.
- Lower about 90% of your pesticide exposure by replacing what you eat the most with organic: Strawberries, apples, cherries, grapes, nectarines, peaches, pears, lettuce, potatoes, celery, sweet bell peppers.
- Eat when you are hungry. Overeating is one of the most common and dangerous dietary habits.
- Chew each bite of food five, 10 or 15 times. It will make you conscious of what you are eating.
- Take a post meal walk or march in place for a minute or more.
- Learn about food combining for best digestion.
- Eat breakfast. Start with just one bite.
Can you think of a very small step you can take now to remove a bad eating habit and replace it with a healthy eating habit?
Change is not instantaneous. Building new habits require trust and patience and new neuropaths in your brain.
If you like what you read, please subscribe to my Monthly Wellness Tip ezine, a "single" tip a month to help you with your health and wellness.
Health nutrition wellness is about variety, balance and moderation in your food.
My wish for you is that you choose to take personal responsibility for your health and nutrition wellness.
Implementation is what is really hard. Finding an accountability partner such as a wellness coach can truly help you in your journey towards health nutrition wellness.